Mag float as frag rack ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anovack

Aquarium Advice Freak
Quick question.

Upgraded my algae scrapper to the tunze one out there.

I have turned my old mag float algae scrapper into a frag rack by glueing a light defuser on the waterside magnet .

Right now it is placed in front panel of my 29cube. My question is, I want to put it on the back wall but the would entail having the dry side submerged in the water in chamber 2 of the all-in-one cube I have pictures below show where it is now and where in the back I would put it. Just curious if I can have the dry side wet. I believe it is the same but just has the Velcro or whatever on the wet side. Just double checking. Thanks for the help.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448909793.077437.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1448909812.549971.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't see any reason why it couldn't be, but the felt or whatever could easily mold or fall apart and enter the water column. This is something I did in my tank at a time, but didn't have the dry side wet...I'd aim at keeping it that way.

Why not just but another magfloat and use the wet side off of the new one? You could use a small magfloat because the only thing separating the two sides is thin plastic.

They sell plastic coated super magnets at the hardware store. You can make a magnetically attached frag rack with them and some egg crate material.

Why not just but another magfloat and use the wet side off of the new one? You could use a small magfloat because the only thing separating the two sides is thin plastic.

each mag float has a positive + or negative - side if you try to put the 2 wet sides together they will push apart

mag floats are not cheap just to make a frag rack

think Greg has the best solution with super magnets

each mag float has a positive + or negative - side if you try to put the 2 wet sides together they will push apart

mag floats are not cheap just to make a frag rack

think Greg has the best solution with super magnets

Thats why I made sure it would work with my large mag float and medium mag float before posting. I know it works.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Going and getting small coated magnets. The second chamber has a lot of rubble/small rocks and chemi pure in it and is not that big. Not much room for a mag float.Hopefully this should cut down on the real estate in there.

Appreciate the feedback!

Back
Top Bottom