magdrive pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think the 9.5 is enough for your 180, I would look into a Mag 12 or a Mag 18.

The second question leeds me to believe you have a Berlin Turbo, in which case I do not think you can incorporate a Mag Drive pump. You would have to go with a pump that can be fitted with a needle wheel. If it is not an asperation/needle wheel skimmer, you do not want any type of air hook up on the pump, it will get the air necessary for operation from the venturi.

The 180 that i helped setup over the weekend is/has two mag 9.5 pumps feeding it from the sump.

Ok i got the mag 24 and it is putting 85 volts into the water. I checked all my power heads and other pumps and it is the culprit. I have it submersed in the sump so it is some how leaking around the seal. I have a mag 5 and it is working fine. Any ideas? should i try and return it to get a new one or just silicon it and see if that works.

Holy junk. Talk about bringing an old topic back from the dead.

Yes you should contact Mag about this pump. If this is indeed leaking that much voltage into the tank its a danger to you and your house. If the pump is not out yet take it out of the tank right away.

Dusty, question on your Mag-24, did you have to restrict its flow to the tank because of to much power? Just wondering because I have to on my 150 w/ a ball valve. I was thinking about selling mine and getting a 18. My thought on that is that I'm wasting a lot of electricity on the 24.

Thoughts?

No, my only restriction on flow is my spray bar, otherwise my ball valve is wide open. and I am going to call them today and see if they will send me a new one ASAP. I was considering moving up to a mag 28 acutally but im not sure if my overflow would like me doing that as it is pretty maxed out at the moment. the water does not seem to flow through the "teeth" quick enough so it goes over sometimes, the "u"tubes and drains keep up fine. Thanks.

Not to hijack, but can you rebuild mag pumps? I have a mag5 that stopped working but I have yet to try and tear it apart. It is somewhat old. Can they be fixed?

Back
Top Bottom