Making an order need advice (UPDATE PICS)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

revhtree

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have made an order to Liveaquaria, and I was wondering what you thought about it. Tell me if I should skip something or if something will be hard to keep.

Whitecheek Tang
Orange Sea Star (not Linka)
2 Cleaner shrimp
Yellow Watchmen goby
Tiger Pistol Shrimp
2 Polyp colonies
clown goby

Also how does my bio load look? (In my signature)

Ok I made the order, I just changed it a bit, to keep down on the Tangs stress in the qt. Here is what I got.

White Cheek Tang Medium Size
Yellow Colony Polyp
Colony Polyp (Micronesia)
Hermit Crab Shells
2 Cleaner Shrimp
Orange Sea Star (not linkia)
Toadstool Mushroom Leather

I got all of this plus the free shipping for $189.91
I am still sticking with the easier corals right now, as I learn. The goodies will arrive tomorrow. Has anyone had experience with Liveaquaria.com? The 14 day grantee is very impressive.

:D PS. This is my first online aqua order. Any Tips?

Awww. You didn't order the watchman or the pistol shrimp. They would of made a great combo together.

Tip - It's better to have the order staged at your local shipping facility(UPS, Fedex,etc.) for you to pick up because the temperature stable inside the facility. The delivery trucks are not climate controlled and your live stock is subjected to the temperature conditions.

I usually don't order online from internet stores that deal in high volume because I like to see what I get before I purchase it. They have been known to give you un-healthy livestock.

Ok the stuff from Liveaquaria came in today, it all looks great. The tang looks EXTREMLY healty. One poylp colony has not opened up, but its only been in the tank for about 30min. The main question I have is the toadstool. Look at where I have it in the tank, and help me decide where it would go best for its health.
The shrimp are huge, and the starfish looks good, it is just very small. Its behind rocks with the shrimp. Here is the pics for now. The pics are rough, because I just want to show you and get advice. :wink:

PS. There is NO spots on the tang whatsoever. The above pic just shows spots on the glass. I was so shocked to see how healthy it looked. :wink:

The new orange/red sea star I got is only about 2" wide. Since I acclimated it, and put it in the tank, it has barely moved at all. It is slumped over except for one arm. I think it may be circling the drain, if you know what I mean. Advice??

How did you acclimate? Also, very sensitive to temp swings. if he starts 'melting' you nay have a real issue. I added a new star, he went right into hiding, but Im an 'extreme' acclimator. I drip acclimate for hours and add only when its lights out. Helps the new add and the existing critters..

Jeez thats a TON of filtration on the 30g! I guess you need a lot for SW though.... I only know about FW. Fish and tank look beautiful. I wish I had a SW tank.....

Thanks Fishboy for the comments fishboy! :wink:

That much filtration is really not nessecary, but I have the filters around, and the extra protein skimmer, so I thought the more the better. So far all my levels are in check.

The seastar looks like it is melting, what do I need to do?

The seastar is deceased. :cry: Poor guy was almost gone when he arrived Wed.

Good thing they have a 14day gurantee.

Back
Top Bottom