Mandarin Accepts Frozen Foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Does your mandarin accept frozen foods

• Yes, it is his primary food source.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tried, but he is uninterested

• Never tried, lives off pods

• Total voters
I have a Green Spotted Mandarin and just made sure I had a lot of LR and pods before introducing him. I have had him for 5-6 months and he's nice and plump.

tripper

Not Mandarin, but I have had good luck getting their cousins (Scotter Dragonette's) to eat frozen.

I had a Mandarin that ate mysis shrimp. He decided that it tasted better than live bugs off the rocks. Sadly he somehow managed to get stuck in an intake pipe while I was camping.

Matt

yes....mine eats primarily sanfransico bay spriulina enriched brine shrimp...thats his main diet...pods are secondary...

mine eats frozen mysis shrimp. i soak the shrimp in selcon as well. so far he has eaten 3 differnt brands. i turn all the pumps off and this helps him find the food. i got him in dec and he was very skinny, he has put on some weight but still kind of thin. i think it may take time. i have tons of pods as well. he does eat both, but i feed the mysis everyday

steve r

my one in one tank eata all frozen shrimp brine and mysis but the one i have in my other tank eats only live pods in tank

Back
Top Bottom