Mandarin Dragonet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

begginersluck

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I plan on getting one of these beautiful fish and want to make sure I do everything I can to help it thrive.

My setup is 100g with sump & refugium. The refugium has only been running for about 3 or 4 weeks with chaeto. I have ordered some Copepods and am starting to think about ordering some more to kick start the system.

Another idea I had was to order plenty of Copepods and amphipods and put the goby in QT with a bunch of them with live rock. I would keep adding more pods to the QT to keep him fed and fatten him up. In the meantime I would be adding pods to my refugium to get a good population going.

Tips I need are how to get a thriving population of pods in my DT and if I did the above when I would be able to get the fish. I have mature live rock and fresh sand to start the QT immediately and as I said the pods have been ordered.

Some where there is a video of a DIY feeder with airline and a culture dish, i will see if i can find it for you. Was pretty cool!

I seeded my tank, a 55 with 20 sump, with the BOGO pod deals from reefs2go.com. I like this much better than the small bottles of green water, they are filter floss covered in pods. I haven't ordered any in about 4 months, guy is fat and always hunting around. The key is lots of rock and macro algae for successful pod populations.

Back
Top Bottom