Mandarin Gobys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

panza

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it true that to house them they need at least 100 gallons of water or is it possible to be housed in any amount of water??

They need all the live rock that fits into a 100 tank. They are extreemly picky eaters. They only like live pods that they pick off your rock. You need that big of a tank for your pod population to keep up. If not the mandarin will wipe out all the pods and then just starve after seeming like its doing fine for a month or two. A large fuge with some macro and live rock rubble helps your pod population too. They have been succesfully kept in smaller tanks but i would recommend that you don't try it unless your really know what your doing. In a 14gal tank it would be nearly impossible

This is absolutely not a fish your a 14g tank. This fish requires a LOT of LR and a larger tank. They feed almost entirely on live copepods and will not survive in a tank that small.

There are a lot of people who have the setup with a refugium and a great pod population that can't keep them alive. I am one of those. I have nearly 300lbs of LR in my system and a large refugium that has been running for almost 3 years now. I have a giant pod population and I'm not going to put that fish in my system at least not for another 6 months.

This is not a beginner fish.

Back
Top Bottom