mandarin with a YWM goby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

classklown90

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was looking at videos on youtube and I found one where somebody had a YWG and a green mandarin in the same tank.i thought these fish would fight? the tank was only a 14 gallon biocube too. way to small from what ive been told unless it was ORA im not sure. could you keep YWM+pistol combo with a mandarin peacefully in such a small tank?

mandarins require a 125g mature tank with no pod competitors for each one

Gobies will eat a variety of foods. They are not specific to copepods. All gobies in my experience ate what i fed my fish, mysis, brine shimp, etc..

Mandarins and blennies eat copepods and usually devour their entire stock in months. Ive seen some live in larger tanks for about a year and a half. Some will go through their suppy in a few months. It is better to get a mandarin where the lfs already has them eating other foods. They can be trained to eat but is very hard.

You can buy copepods and add them to your refug. With enough time they will swarm you dt.

even if mandarins are eating they will not last in a tank without a steady supply of pods to eat throughout the day.

Back
Top Bottom