mandrin?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Firefliesrscary

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have decided to get some sort of dragonet. does anyone have experience with these fish or copipods?

I have both a mandarin and scooter dragonet.

How big is your tank and how much rock does it have? Hoe long has it been running?

Unless you have enough pods for them to eat or can get it to eat frozen food it will starve.

You need peaceful fish and a TON of pods. Unless ur tank is 1 year old or older and you have 70lbs or lr (to be safe u could pull it off with less) then I would say no.

You could always get lucky with an ORA mandarin that will eat prepared. it works out for some people, though they have been known to revert to pods quite often. I'm considering a mandarin myself, but if I did get one, I would make sure it was eating what it should be in the LFS before buying. In a large tank. there might be enough pods to support a mandarins should it stop eating prepared. Also, since they are used to constantly grazing on pods, they will need to be fed several times a day. Be prepared for that.

--Adeeb

Yep, forgot about the frequent feeding. i feed 2-3 times a day. I fed even more while I was weaning mine off pods and onto frozen food. It played total havoc with my water parameters....

Mine was suppose to be eating prepared food but as soon as I put it in my tank it went back to eating pods now I am trying to get it to start eating frozen food. It isn't easy seeing it get skinny knowing it has to be hungry. I have a couple of rocks I switch out in my sump in another tank so it has some pods every day at least. I keep watching waiting for it to start eating prepared food but not luck. It was an ORA and was eating prepared foods even flakes.

Back
Top Bottom