Mangroves as filtration?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not grape if it's not branching. And I don't think it is. This is grape.

Attachments

• image-2719408888.jpg
    image-2719408888.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 90
Oh it's very dense. I have one brick of it larger than a softball. All the pieces in the LFS I get it from are the same way, sans branches. Some of his bunches have been there many many months too without branching. Also in California many types of caulepra are illegal to bring in & im not sure but i think grape is one you can't get here anymore. I will get the name of it (probably a common name from him) and post.

Grape caulepra is illegal in CA. I am very interested in knowing what exactly this macro algae is. What kind of lighting schedule do you have it under? You stated earlier that it doesn't go sexual like most caulepra, so is it under 12 or 24 hr lighting? This is probably why you can get it in CA though. Either way, let us know. This sounds like the macro algae for me!

The store I got it at was closed today so I'll check tomorrow hopefully. I do have my light on my fuge 24 hours too.

Update: they're seriously growing some roots now. Some didn't make it but the ones that did are doing well!

Attachments

• image-3188230254.jpg
    image-3188230254.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 81
I had some red grape algae but I had turbo snails eat it all, they loved it, they would climb it like a tree.

image-1749242286.jpg

Here's a pic of it, it was on my first piece of live rock.

Back
Top Bottom