Mantis Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I forgot to mention that i have a spare heater and powerhead so i don't need that either

I'm very happy you decided on a Smithii instead of sticking a Peacock where it didn't belong. I think you made a great choice for the Mantis and the Tank setup.

Only thing I'd plan for now is how you are going to Top-Off the water. Small tanks tend to have larger parameter swings and the Mantis needs stable everything. I would certainly look into an ATO soon.

If I recall it even said a Smithii would even burrow in rock so you don't need a deep sandbed.

Sounds awesome, and I'm happy to follow this one. Might look into making a desk-top setup at work with one of these if it goes well for you.

In my basement i have a rodi which is connected to a 20 gal brute container, theres a float switch that fills up the bucket whenever i take out water ( i use this for my 75), ill mist likely just fill up a couple 1 gallon jugs and store them in my closet, ill mark the side of the tank in 2 spots , desired level and level to top off, i could buy a ato but have no spot to put it. As for the build, i should have the tank up in 1-2 months, ill keep everyone updated.

I've seen a thread on here somewhere where one has broke thermometer know its not tank glass but still bears for thought lol

Back
Top Bottom