Mantis shrimp...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oceanicsublimat

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've read that the mantis can break glass. Is this true? I think I have a couple of either a mantis or pistol. I hear quite a few clicks and pops in my tank.. :?

Not the ones you normally find in an aquraium setup, they would need to be pretty large to break any but the thinest glass, Ie a 10 gal tank with the real thin glass. HTH

thank you.. that does help.. I didn't think that anything too small could.. it's just that one of the pops (not the clicks) sounded really loud..

That's usually it trying to clear out his home a little, of smashing a snail shell 8O . Ahhh the circle of life. :mrgreen:

I have been reading about the mantis.. they sure are interesting.. but I'm NOT gonna have a 55gal mantis species tank that's full of lr..lol 0X

for a mantis to break tank glass it has to be pretty large... thinner glass like that of some heaters is another story. if you have glass heaters, you may want to upgrade to a metal heater or get rid of the maintis. i just noticed that i have a mantis in my tank. i figure i will leave him in there until i get anther little tank up for him...

~mike

Back
Top Bottom