mantis shrimp everywhere

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hey Zack, I have personally witnessed one of your mantis go after a fish. I admit that his attack was unsuccessful, but it wasn't for lack of trying. I wouldn't advise keeping them with fish.

LR.com rock is the finest product available simply because it is "live". I wouldn't trade "mantis free" for the loss of any other organism on that rock.

My mantis was easily captured, with preservation of all life on the rock as the main priority. He (she) now lives happily in his (her) own tank. In fact, I would be down right disappointed if I hadn't got at least one mantis in my shipment!

That was good of you Pat M. We all say things sometimes we should not say, or didnt come out right. Afterwards we have to remove our foot from our mouth. :wink:

LR.com rock is the finest product available simply because it is "live". I wouldn't trade "mantis free" for the loss of any other organism on that rock.

I just got about 9 pounds of Cured Fiji for a good price and added it to my tank. Compared to the aquacultured Florida rock I started with (looks just like www.liverock.com Keys rock), the Fiji is REALLY boring. I have not yet seen one cool think come from the Fiji rock :(

Compared to the aquacultured Florida rock I started with (looks just like www.liverock.com Keys rock), the Fiji is REALLY boring. I have not yet seen one cool think come from the Fiji rock
Agree completely. In fact my the coraline from my keys rock has covered the Fiji and caribbean rock that I purchased a year earlier. The earlier rock was severely lacking much of any visible life until I placed the LR.com rock.
I did get one mantis and I now regret giving him to my LFS, he was vary interesting to watch.

Is this your guy? If so, KILL KILL KILL!

Attachments

• mantis_shrimp.jpg
    mantis_shrimp.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 426
  • mantis_shrimp.jpg
    mantis_shrimp.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 574
  • mantis_shrimp.jpg
    mantis_shrimp.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 461
They are very interesting to look at. BUT! they have switchblades that will distroy any and everything!
Good Luck,
Jason

NO KILL KILL KILL.....mantis are actually wanted by other aquarist, especially the peacock mantis in the pic above. It's a high demand critter. I'll personally take all you can get me. They sell great here.

Fireman

Back
Top Bottom