mantis shrimp help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b3noodles

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone again I have come to the conclusion that since no one thinks the bristleworms are the culprits in my missing shrimp and snails then I guess its safe to say I have a mantis problem. I tried the glass with the piece of shrimp in it and all I got was a few snails in the glass and no mantis. I was wondering if a fresh water dip is the only way to flush him out and will it kill off all the coraline and other hitchhikers like the stars and filter crabs? I really hate the thought of tearing my tank apart and possibly losing anymore coraline or hitchhikers but I am desperate. I looked at all the species of mantis and I have never seen anything that even remotely looks like a mantis but so far I have lost about 25 assorted snails and hermits as well as 2 cleaner shrimp and a really cool jawfish. Any help would be great I am truly desperate to get my tank back to normal. I do hear popping all the time but earlier I moved the rocks to get the worms and 2 pistols came out so I think they may be the noisemakers. Thanks again, Sue

Back
Top Bottom