Mantis shrimp mystery death

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FredtheShrimp

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,just wondering if anyone has had this happen who has kept a mantis shrimp.My shrimp molted, when he molts he closes up the entrance of his tunnel usually for about 2 days. After that he comes out and eagerly accepts his food. However, this last time after 3 1/3 days i opened his tunnel to give him food because i was worried about him and he just tossed it back out and closed his tunned again. Two days later i gave him food and he tossed it back again. The nexy day i offered him food againand again he tossed it back, that night he died in his cave, i assume from starvation. Has anyone ever experianced this or heard of a cause? I tested the water and everything was excellent.

My brothers mantis dud the same exact thing even down to the not eating for a week..params in tank all normal..yo quote him wtf!;(

Not sure but maybe it was stressing him when you were opening the tunnle up? how long had you had it previously

Back
Top Bottom