Mantis smashed my thermometer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamal-188

Aquarium Advice Addict
I put a little aquarium thermometer in the tank for a few minutes to check the them and he smashed it. It was once with red at the bottom and some little metal balls. What should I do?

Water change. It will probably be fine, although it's offspring may have 3 heads. Oh...and buy a stick on (the outside) thermometer, hope it's an acrylic tank ;)

reefrunner69 said:
, although it's offspring may have 3 heads. Oh...and buy a stick on (the outside) thermometer, hope it's an acrylic tank ;)

Lol, that would be incredilble a 3-headed mantis :p It's acrylic so I'll pick up a stick on at work tomorrow. I'm 99.9% sure I got all the little metal marbles out and I thinkI remember reading the red liquid is non-toxic. He really smased it up good though and scattered the pieces around the tank :roll:

jamal-188 said:
I'm 99.9% sure I got all the little metal marbles out and I thinkI remember reading the red liquid is non-toxic. He really smased it up good though and scattered the pieces around the tank :roll:

You should be fine....they don't use Mercury in the thermometers anymore for just this reason.

Back
Top Bottom