maracyn-two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cloudy eye is a symptom of an underlying problem, do it depends on what is causing the cloudy eye as to whether or not I would recommend antibiotics or not. First thing I recommend is quarantining the fish ;) Are there any other signs or symptoms?

there was ich in the tank i bought him from. i brought him home and put him in qt. the poor little guy was being harrassed and i couldn't take it. anyway the next day he had a cloudy eye, but no signs of ich. i put the maracyn in last night and today there is major improvement. i thought that i would use hyposalinity to treat the ich after the five day treatment is over because i didn't want to dilute the medicine. what do you think?

i thought that i would use hyposalinity to treat the ich after the five day treatment is over because i didn't want to dilute the medicine.

If, after dilluting the SW down to 1.009, you then add the antibiotics...it will not be dilluted. I am not sure whether the >>hyposalinity<< will have any impact on the effectiveness of the antibiotics. IMO, ick is the greater threat, at this point though, with no signs of ick, I would continue with your plan.

Back
Top Bottom