Marbled mushroom detaching?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Are you light acclimating your new corals? Might need to shorten the amount of time the daylights are on for a week or so, then slowly bring them on a little longer over a period of a few weeks.

And I wouldn't freak out too bad...... they do that, especially at night. Wait until you see one turn itself inside out... looks really weird!!

Are you light acclimating your new corals? Might need to shorten the amount of time the daylights are on for a week or so, then slowly bring them on a little longer over a period of a few weeks.

And I wouldn't freak out too bad...... they do that, especially at night. Wait until you see one turn itself inside out... looks really weird!!

No I didn't light acclimate it but it seemed ok until a few hrs ago when I noticed that clear thick discharge string like thing...which I thought was maybe poop...idk...so I've only light acclimated corals that I've had shipped. Should I do them with all? I'm running two T5 HO

It's always best to light acclimate, but with two T5HO's, your not blasting them like you would be with full power LED's. I've found that with shrooms & ricordeas, it works best to initially tuck them slightly under a rock ledge/overhang just out of direct light, and then slowly bring them out.
The white, stringy stuff is part of their internals.... They can exude them out of their bodies to catch food or discharge waste.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom