Marine Betta & Cleaner Shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a Marine betta in a 40g FOWLR tank all alone and I need to move my Cleaner and Fire shrimp into his take while I do a treatment on my 75g. My concern is if the marine betta will kill the shrimp? When i put the shrimp next to the tank to drip acclimate the betta came rushing over and was trying to attack them through the glass. I am concerned on what to do about this issue.

I'm pretty sure the marine Betta will eat the shrimp.

Hmm..well the attacking thing doesnt sound good. But i do know kio707 has had shrinp with his large betta

Well I tested out moving the shrimp to different areas of the tank and he came rushing over to it to try and attack it so I am trying to figure out a plan B

CleverBs said:
Well I tested out moving the shrimp to different areas of the tank and he came rushing over to it to try and attack it so I am trying to figure out a plan B

How about a little breeder box inside the tank?

I would think they would be unhappy if they were both in that little area for a few weeks and i wouldnt want the betta trying to attack them in the breeder box

CleverBs said:
I would think they would be unhappy if they were both in that little area for a few weeks and i wouldnt want the betta trying to attack them in the breeder box

True, but better than being eaten i guess!! Lol. If you can think of a better option go for it!

True, but better than being eaten i guess!! Lol. If you can think of a better option go for it!

im going to put them in a 15g Tub with a sponge filter from a cycled tank and a heater with some PVC. Think that will be alright for them. Im concerned about a mini cycle and it killing my shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom