marine ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bskerrichard27

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I did the unthinkable I put a non qt fish in my nano with my royal gamma and clown know I got ick.. I have only used copper with mixed results being they ither recover or die ...I have been reading about hypo does this realy work and how much would I lower the salinity each day.my qt is 10 gallons

Make your salinity 1.009. Do it immediately. And yes, it works. Working for me! :)

Well I can't till I get home this evening so set the qt tank up that low and aclimate and put in? No need to grad bring it down?

bskerrichard27 said:
Well I can't till I get home this evening so set the qt tank up that low and aclimate and put in? No need to grad bring it down?

U can just put them in. Mine where fine with that. And no need to gradually lower. Just put it at 1.009...

Just wanted to speak up for ParaGuard, when I add new fish I do a concentrated dip with it, then dose the whole tank at half dose for a couple days after the addition and I have never had a problem with ich or any other parasites. Mind you, this is for fresh and brackish water, but the bottle says it is good for fresh and salt. Good luck!

I would recommend using a refractometer to measure salinity accurately and test often. Twice a day. Hypo wreaks havoc with beneficial bacteria.

So I get me a new qt tank after work tonight I spend a hour setting it up another hour tearing the display apart chasing fish get all the fish in everythings good yea well the day I had I should have know better I see water comming from the stand I think the filters leaking no all the seams on a brand new tank are leaking not dripping but pouring out so my qt tank is a 15 gallon bucket for the night ...I hate Walmart

Oh yikes. That's awful. Dunno about near you but we have two 15G Tetra kit tanks we got from Petco, $40 on sale ($80 regular). I tried but couldn't find a way to make a 10G non-kit tank cheaper.

- D

Well they made it through the night in the bucket ...so I'm crossing my fingers they make it today while I'm at work

Ok the hospital tank is set up finally after 3 tanks I got one that works so don't buy tanks from Walmart lol my 3 year old thinks a doctors comming over for the fish since its a hospital tank lol.... So I'm using instant ocean life guard tablets for the ick any one ever use it my lfs swore over it instead of copper ...
ForumRunner_20120217_203714.jpg

ForumRunner_20120217_203714.jpg

I have to get a refractor for hypo I use a hydrometer for my mixes I ordered one it won't be hear till wed ...and I did not want to wait that long to do something for them

Well I'm on day five with the instant ocean meds fish are eating and have no white spots my gamma is useing both fins know no more sticking to his side ...so ither there immune system kicked it or the meds worked....

Back
Top Bottom