Marineland Reef Capable LED??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Anyone have one on a reef tank? They are on sale and I'm tempted. I have a 40 gallon breeder tank with mostly soft coral and some LPS. Currently have a T5 setup. I also like the one plug idea (my boyfriend says I'm gonna burn the house down!) except that you can't time the blue lights Any info? Thanks!!

Highly, Highly Doubtful. Maybe a Fish Only with Live Rock. I know that I looked into one for my planted tank, and decided to build my own fixture for half the cost and 3 times the output.

Sudz- was it very difficult to build? Where did you buy your LEDs? I'm afraid ill do something wrong ?

Basic soldering is required. Nothing super difficult.

I got mine from RapidLED.

It was difficult to understand what I needed, but Planted tank is much easier than a Coral tank - Coral tanks have a mix between Blue and white LED's, and then a few Red as well, which means you need a power supply that can handle it. Because LED's of different color typically draw/use different amounts of Current/voltage.

My setup has 12 XP-G R5, which is a nice, clean white, but not blue at all. Plant growth has been great, and 34 watts of LED's grossly overpowered the existing 108 watts of T5HO.

You need to have a basic understanding of electrical systems - Voltage, Current, etc.

RapidLED was SUPER helpful with my questions. I felt compelled to buy from them because of all their help - it also helps that they're the cheapest source I could find!

Yeah...... I have no experience with that kind of stuff! Lol! I'm looking into the taotronics kind of fixtures now. Seems to have good response from people. Now I just have to convince myself to spend money

Lots of folks have had great success with the Taotronics units. I would recommend dimmable if you can swing it.

I agree about the Marinelands. Their LEDs, even on the double bright "reef capable" units are pretty under-powered for most reef applications.

Back
Top Bottom