Maroon clown and BTA help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good idea if you cant get the lights like yesterday. Always research your purchases ahead of time to save the trouble. Even if I think I know about what im buying I still pull up live aquaria's website on my phone and look it up

I did look it up and I thought my lighting was enough. And I know I have the flow. But from what u all say, I am doomed to fail lol :( this sucks cuz my maroon clown is in love with this thing

I did look it up and I thought my lighting was enough. And I know I have the flow. But from what u all say, I am doomed to fail lol :( this sucks cuz my maroon clown is in love with this thing

Couldn't you just move it a bit higher?

Pc lighting just sucks.. from personal experience my gbta didn't do well with a 4 bulb t5 fixture.. I would hate more for it to die than take away the clowns new buddy.. clowns will host anything tho, even a rock.

If you are taking it back dont try to pull it from its rock, if you tear its foot it will likely be fatal. If its on a small rock take the whole thing and see if they will trade you for another rock if you want. If its on the glass gently blow a power head to the foot and it may start to let go. If you explain your situation the salesman will probably tell you people on forums are idiots and dont have as much experience as them.. at least thats my experience. .. just remember we're here to help, not make a profit.

It is attached to the largest rock in my tank. And I will try and get it out

Couldn't you just move it a bit higher?

You can't just move a nem, for one you would risk damaging it and for two it will move where it likes. Too dangerous a move I think. You could try and persuade it by giving it too much flow - it may move on its own...

I would just get stronger lighting. You are going to want to do this eventually anyway. I would not suggest trying to move the anemone.

So wish that was true, but 90% of people have already made up their mind as to what they want to do and that their tank is different than the hundred of thousands of people before them, most advice falls on deaf ears, this hobby has a huge learning curve, but most newbes need to and will learn on their own. The victims are our oceans treasures. Everyone wants an nem, but they have no clue that there are no BTA that are white or yellow, which means no one is doing research, they just want one, no clue to what they need as far as conditions or lighting, I so love nems, and it makes me sad that the industry keeps harvesting them because LPS keep selling them to people who do not know that a white nem is not good. (90) percent of all reef forums questions can be divided into, BTA, Tangs, and Mandarins, the 3 hardest creatures to keep in an enclosed environment, but the most sought for as a new reef keeper. Makes you want to throw in the towel, hopefully someone is listening :-} OK I am off mu soap box, going to go and enjoy me reef :)

Personally I Thank you for any advice ( and others here as well ) . You responded to a thread I started a few days ago about adding a NEM to my current tank and questioned my lighting as well and your response might not have been what I wanted when you warned me that my LED light would not support a NEM , I do however have a MH light that would work for me. Good light , bad light not really the issue here but it is your ( what do I call it ; Constructive Critism ) that weather people want to hear it or not should at least reconsider what they are doing and do the reasearch necessary.

I am still looking to add a NEM but have done some more homework on the subject , without your input that might not be the case.

Thanks again to everyone here for all the help and valuable information.

Hey guys. So I have been looking around and I found a light fixture that I hope might be enough. It's a 48" fixture 2x 250watt MHs and 4 54watt T5 actinic bulbs. Will that be a good light? (My tank is 48x18x31)

Hey guys. So I have been looking around and I found a light fixture that I hope might be enough. It's a 48" fixture 2x 250watt MHs and 4 54watt T5 actinic bulbs. Will that be a good light? (My tank is 48x18x31)

Keep in mind you will be spending about $250 a year on new bulbs. $60-80 for MH and 20-30 for the T5, in 2 years you could have bought a brand name led unit, with half the energy use

Keep in mind you will be spending about $250 a year on new bulbs. $60-80 for MH and 20-30 for the T5, in 2 years you could have bought a brand name led unit, with half the energy use

Yea I have been looking at LEDs and the problem is that I don't know how to gauge how much light I need from LEDs is there like lumens per gallon I should be looking for or something. 72 x 3watt LED system good? 48" fixture... Keep in mind my tank is 31" deep

Yea I have been looking at LEDs and the problem is that I don't know how to gauge how much light I need from LEDs is there like lumens per gallon I should be looking for or something. 72 x 3watt LED system good? 48" fixture... Keep in mind my tank is 31" deep

You need to look at the PAR in leds. For a tank as deep as yours your gonna need a really strong light

You should just get a couple of taotronics with optics and you'll be fine. Good price for good quality.

I don't think you even need the optics. I had them over a pretty deep tank and bleached stuff on the sand bed.

Back
Top Bottom