Marroon clown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hardridge

Aquarium Advice Freak
Have one maroon clown about 1.5 to 2 inches. Whats the best way of putting another one in to see if I can get a pair

It has to be much bigger or much smaller. There will initially be a scrap but if the smaller one survives they should be OK.

melosu58 said:
It has to be much bigger or much smaller. There will initially be a scrap but if the smaller one survives they should be OK.

Which is btr larger or smaller or does it matter. The one I have is mean.

Last edited by a moderator:
I find that playing some Lionel Richie seems to help during the acclimation period...

On a more serious note, it is kinda 6's on which is better. Maroons are not the most even tempered clowns, and going with a smaller one it could be just as aggressive as the one you currently have. Or, with a larger one it could be less aggressive and still get picked on. you could try smaller because its probably going to be harder to find a bigger maroon. At least that is the case here, I have never seen an adult one for sale at our LFS's.

yetee said:
I find that playing some Lionel Richie seems to help during the acclimation period...

On a more serious note, it is kinda 6's on which is better. Maroons are not the most even tempered clowns, and going with a smaller one it could be just as aggressive as the one you currently have. Or, with a larger one it could be less aggressive and still get picked on. you could try smaller because its probably going to be harder to find a bigger maroon. At least that is the case here, I have never seen an adult one for sale at our LFS's.

Which song :):)

melosu58 said:

Doesn't a single clown automatically become female? That's always been my understanding of the little darlings.

On that basis I would add one out of a group that's much smaller at an lfs. More or less certain to be a male.

As we know, they can morph into a female from male, but not the other way around.

Just my 2p.

Leighton79 said:
Doesn't a single clown automatically become female? That's always been my understanding of the little darlings.

On that basis I would add one out of a group that's much smaller at an lfs. More or less certain to be a male.

As we know, they can morph into a female from male, but not the other way around.

Just my 2p.

Cool thx

Back
Top Bottom