Mated Pair + 1?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willbratz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm getting my 130 tomorrow and it comes complete with fish. It has a mated pair of clowns included. I have a single clown in my 55 (that I will be combining with the 130). My question is. Will my single clown be fine with the mated pair?

No i would not do it. The pair is probably very territorial because they have probably been together for a while and had the tank to themselves. I wouldnt attempt it.

No i would not do it. The pair is probably very territorial because they have probably been together for a while and had the tank to themselves. I wouldnt attempt it.

Yes but the tank that are in will be completely broken down moved and reset up with a totally different look. Would they still be territorial if its basically a new environment for them?

I think they would, but i think you should try it out and watch closely to see if they pick on the lone clown... If they do then rehome the single clown IMO

I think they would, but i think you should try it out and watch closely to see if they pick on the lone clown... If they do then rehome the single clown IMO

Yeah, I'll leave my 55 running even if its empty for awhile just to make sure. I hate any type of fish loss. Thanks for the input!!

Back
Top Bottom