Mattias first saltwater build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol your probably right! But really, it's like heaven for my nose. My other lfs smells like chemicals and ro water.

I'm thinking of rigging up an algae scrubber in my sump. Can someone explain what these are?

Huma-huma is starting a diy thread for a turf scrubber. Its just algae grown on a surface that the water runs across or down. Algae can utilize ammonia, nitrites, nitrates and phosphate in its energy production. So basically it removes many problems an aquarist might have.

its not just for algae problems. its a bio filter too... as it grows it eats ammo trates and trites. phosphates too. if you do it right its a place for pods to grow. if built and maintained right it can replace a skimmer. if your interested i can share some of the links that huma pointed me to and some more ive found that explains it simply enough too.

Sorry if I don't update much guys. I'm afraid to say anything because it seems every post I make gets me in trouble for "chit chat". It's really getting ridiculous. Oh well. I use to really like this place but the admins are really cracking down on me:'(

Haha ya just got yelled at. For like the 10th time, i agree its kinda annoying. Hows the tank doin?

SwimsWithFish said:
Sorry if I don't update much guys. I'm afraid to say anything because it seems every post I make gets me in trouble for "chit chat". It's really getting ridiculous. Oh well. I use to really like this place but the admins are really cracking down on me:'(

Hey, i know what you mean. But, this is a social place! As long as we stay on topic, and mention the tank, and talk about the fish in most posts, i think we will be good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom