Mattias first saltwater build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!! I found a biocube 29 and I'll be going to get it tomorrow!!!!!!:D

Quick question;
Is it true you can house a BTA in a biocube if it's up high enough?

Alright so I went to go check it out... It's filled with 30 pounds of live rock and some Lps and mushrooms. So the guy said 170 for the tank, stand, skimmer. He also said he would sell the live rock for 2$ a pound:D the only thing I noticed was that it was overflowing over the back wall into the chambers. But I think that's because he had to much water in it. So I gave him 20$ and I'll be back tomorrow to pick it up with all of the live rock.(I'm going to let the rock die and then seed it when the time comes to start cycling because I don't want to do pwc and stuff just to keep the rock alive)

you dont need to do pwc's just keep some source of ammonia in there to keep it all cycled then do 1 pwc right before you add fish.

kurtyboh said:
you dont need to do pwc's just keep some source of ammonia in there to keep it all cycled then do 1 pwc right before you add fish.

Could I put some blood worms in everyday? Would that be enough?

probably, almost everything that breaks down produces ammonia do I would imagine it would but cannot say for certain that it would be enough?

I think I'll just let it die just to keep things simple. When I'm ready to start cycling I'll put some LR rubble in the sump to seed it.

Question:
Will dwarf angels nip at mushrooms? Or just Lps? Because if they don't nip at mushrooms maybe I'll do a mushroom field type tank and maybe take a chance with a few Duncans. Also do they nip at softies?

I'm going to pick it up around one. Tank only, no live rock because he said if I get the rock it comes with the fish and coral and I'm not ready to start with that. So I'll post pics this afternoon.:)

I have a very old flame, coral beauty and a black tail dwarf angel fish. The coral beauty is a model citizen, the flame is so so, the black tail is a nipper. My tank is so full of coral, rarely does one piece get hit often enough to do damage. They don't remove any tissue, they just taste everything, which causes the coral or clam to retract. If it only happens rarely, it isn't an issue, but if they keep at it, the organism gets stressed. I decided I liked the angel fish and gave up on clams, which was bothered the worst. They don't seem to bother my shrooms at all, nor do my soft or SPS coral seem to be bothered. They like to hit my frogspawn, but it is as big as a soccer ball, so evidently their attention has done it little harm.

Well if it is as big as a soccer ball you can afford to send us all a frag of it. LOL One of these days soon I want to get a nice frogspawn or torch.

SleepsWithFish said:
Quick question;
Is it true you can house a BTA in a biocube if it's up high enough?

Ive had a green BTA for 5 months now and I've moved it up high 2 times and it moved down midway and is growing and looks good so I can't see why you couldn't. FYI Rapid LED makes an awesome retro kit for the 29 BC you might consider doing. Well worth the price in the long run.

JLH-l3ioCub3 said:
Ive had a green BTA for 5 months now and I've moved it up high 2 times and it moved down midway and is growing and looks good so I can't see why you couldn't. FYI Rapid LED makes an awesome retro kit for the 29 BC you might consider doing. Well worth the price in the long run.

Thanks! Nice to know.

Woo goo! I got it:)
Here it is:
It came with a rio 600
A koralia nano
Biocube skimmer
Lifegaurd thermometer
And a stealth heater
All for 170$:)

I have a couple questions regarding mods,
How do I remove the false floors and that tab in the 1st chamber?

Attachments

• image-4185195965.jpg
    image-4185195965.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 99
  • image-2369055937.jpg
    image-2369055937.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 129
  • image-2250555582.jpg
    image-2250555582.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 101
  • image-3756977822.jpg
    image-3756977822.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 85
Very nice!

To remove the false floor you just push in it pretty hard and it will pop out. I used a razor blade in a holder thing to cut down the tab from right chamber to middle chamber to increase the flow.

carey said:
Very nice!

To remove the false floor you just push in it pretty hard and it will pop out. I used a razor blade in a holder thing to cut down the tab from right chamber to middle chamber to increase the flow.

Cool thanks!!:) do you have any experience with the biocube skimmer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom