Mattias first saltwater build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The impatience is killing me. I literally wake up and think about fish. Then I go to school and think about protein skimmers and powerheads, then I come home and stare at my empty biocube, then to to bed and dream about fish. Story of my life...:)

I'm sorry to everyone for being such a mind-changer but I think I'm going to give up having Lps in my tank and go ahead and do a lemon peel angel with just mushrooms Duncan's and maybe some softies sooo....

2 clowns
1 yellow watchman goby
1 lemon peel angel
1 royal gramma(too much?)

kurtyboh said:
excellent plan as it will all be lr shortly

Haha yeah there's millionaires that have made there fortune selling rock to people that believe you need 100% lr.

it helps if you want fish fast, but... this hobby is about patience... also you can use the first couple weeks of cycling to make mistakes without harming anything, at least thats the way i see it!

dont worry about changing your mind, it happens to us all sometimes after we already own a fish we're like oh man i wish i could put that in my tank but i have...

kurtyboh said:
it helps if you want fish fast, but... this hobby is about patience... also you can use the first couple weeks of cycling to make mistakes without harming anything, at least thats the way i see it!

dont worry about changing your mind, it happens to us all sometimes after we already own a fish we're like oh man i wish i could put that in my tank but i have...

Haha yeah I agree, everytime I cycle a new tank it's a great time to move stuff around with scaring the crap out of your fish, and fine tuning Equiptment!

SleepsWithFish said:
The impatience is killing me. I literally wake up and think about fish. Then I go to school and think about protein skimmers and powerheads, then I come home and stare at my empty biocube, then to to bed and dream about fish. Story of my life...:)

Lol that's me last year haha. I resorted to writing looong essays about everything for my small amount of free time lol. Learned to be semipatient now but it's still hard.

needmorecowbell said:
Lol that's me last year haha. I resorted to writing looong essays about everything for my small amount of free time lol. Learned to be semipatient now but it's still hard.

Hahaha!

Man it's been a whole FOUR DAYS since I posted!:0 haha went to petco today and got Some goodies!!! All I need now is a test kit and sand/rock!!!

Also did some mods to the filter... I'm going to use poly-fill for mechanical above the middle chamber.

1st chamber- chaeto
2nd chamber- lr rubble/poly fill
3rd chamber- stock return pump/heater

Attachments

• image-1920303413.jpg
    image-1920303413.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 81
  • image-1166257902.jpg
    image-1166257902.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 71
  • image-2193223226.jpg
    image-2193223226.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 81
  • image-1236476781.jpg
    image-1236476781.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 85
  • image-3917424818.jpg
    image-3917424818.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 73
  • image-3270558672.jpg
    image-3270558672.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 95
Another stock idea....

1 occelaris clown
1 yellow watchman goby
1 yellow head jaw fish
1 bangaii cardinal
1 royal gramma or bicolor dottyback (???)

What do you guys think? I like this one because it adds diversity and lessens aggression from clowns.

FILTER UPDATE:
Chamber 1: aquaticlife 115 skimmer

Chamber 2: in tank media basket (and maybe the in tank fuge) and some Chaeto

Chamber 3: return pump and heater

Yeah probably just a small led. I'm going to go ahead and do reef cleaners Florida base rock!:D

They have a cheap one at intanks website. :) It's like $20

I was dumb and got the JBJ led light for $55. :-(

Haha yeah I was Gunna do jbj macro glo or whatever then I read that any old light should work. I even heard that enough light from the dt floods to the back to grow mangroves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom