Mebbid's 90g reef journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love mccoskers, awesome addition :D. Now you just need to get him a lady to watch him really color up ;)

I finally got my parameters under control. It takes 300ml of two part dosing weekly to keep it at appropriate levels.

The caulerpa prolifera is filling in nicely. It did take root in some rocks that I pulled out so I'm waiting to see if it grows from the roots. If it does then I'll remove it, however having it in there is keeping my tang happy because he grazes from it regularly. So I guess we will see how it does.

QLam9Gc.jpg

There's some aiptasia that I'm going in to take care of today, the last time I hit it with vinegar, it just seemed to grow a whole bunch more around where I treated even though the main piece died.

Ofcourse you'd have plants growing in your sw setup! Looks sweeet!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It looks like the lack of nitrate in my tank is definitely the cause of my birdsnest browning out.

3 different times I waited 5 or 6 days between dosing my potassium nitrate in my tank. Each time my birdsnest lost all the green coloration and within 2 days of dosing it again it regained some of the color back.

Very nice! I used to have one. Very colorful when they get to flashing. Hold a mirror up to the tank and see what he does! :)

I'm gonna have to give that a shot! Thanks for the tip :)

Ugh, my blue throat trigger snapped and started tearing up my clowns and wrasse. It looks like I am going to have to trade him in :(

I started changing how I manage things to see if it works to manage the aggression in my trigger. I switched to pellets as my primary food source and have been feeding heavily twice a day. It seems to have curbed the trigger's aggression.

I started changing how I manage things to see if it works to manage the aggression in my trigger. I switched to pellets as my primary food source and have been feeding heavily twice a day. It seems to have curbed the trigger's aggression.
That's good. Just keep an eye on those phosphates.

Did some tank maintenance yesterday which included pulling out all the caulerpa I had in there since I got sick of looking at it. I think my tang might be a little sad because he doesn't have it in there to graze on all day.

I also took a couple pictures of the acropora frags I got. 2 of the 3 are doing great, while the blue cali tort didn't make it sadly. Both of these were fresh frags when I got them so it's nice to see them encrusting their plugs nicely.

sMCz8ko.jpg

c9Oa5ri.jpg

They look great! Love the tricolor especially.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Very nice! Man I need some funds so I can upgrade to a bigger tank and get more SPS's!

Nice polyp extension there. I wish I got that out of mine...

They look great! Love the tricolor especially.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Very nice! Man I need some funds so I can upgrade to a bigger tank and get more SPS's!

Thanks! I was really wishy washy about getting the Garf purple bonsai.. but it's grown on me and I am really liking it. The green slimer has been on my most wanted list of corals since I started doing salt water.

Back
Top Bottom