Mebbid's 90g reef journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How were you wishy washy over that bonsai? I'd kill for one.

The picture of it I saw was mostly brown with the green polyps. It's colored up nicely in my tank and looks waay better than the pictures when I bought it. I only got it because he was selling his frags for $10 each :)

Green slimer is such a great classic acro! Wait til it gets big. I love mine
xjEpkOw.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The only things I've seen with my green Slimer and bonsai are they only open their polyps in the morning till noon and then again at around 6 till off. The middle of the day PE is minimal to any.

6-7". It doesn't grow as fast as my birdsnest or red planet but it is definitely quick!

I'm surprised at how fast it's encrusting. I bought it a few months ago as a fresh frag.

How old is yours?

A little over a year. Here it was when I bought it as a fresh cut frag
Dy5nVom.jpg

Mebbid when are you gonna get some orange corals?

Just a girl that fell in love with a boy and together they fell in

Mebbid when are you gonna get some orange corals?

Just a girl that fell in love with a boy and together they fell in

As a matter of fact I picked one up specifically with you in mind. It's just been giving me a little trouble so is sitting on the substrate for a few more days.

I was taking a look at some of the pictures I took in the past and was surprised how much my steel blue branching montipora had grown. I hadn't even realized it grew much at all tbh.

Before and After pic.

GhahBYv.jpg

VgubhX9.jpg

IShallNtEatFish - In the after pic you can see the orange branching montipora I bought. It wasn't handling the light well and bleached a little so I had to move it back down from where I had it. I also had some problems keeping it mounted on the plug it came on so I have to reglue it.

My toadstool leather finally finished splitting into two completely separate heads. I had hoped it was just going to grow larger but I am okay with the split as well.

aFzXbd2.jpg

Wow, how could you not be happy with it? Such a unique blue color like that would be a great contrast to everything else, so much greens or reds normally.

I meant to say I wasn't happy with its growth :) I definitely like the coral. It just always looked kind of sickly with the large white tips of it.. I was always worried it was starting to bleach :D

Back
Top Bottom