Mebbid's 90g reef journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was fortunate to pick up a Gold Assessor. Might be tough to get ahold of but an awesome fish imo.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Whew, those are nice looking fish. Not sure if it would be too much yellow for my tank though.

Maybe a few female mccosker's to get the male 'flashing'?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I second this! Save up for some females. I remember back when I had a make Mccoskers I was looking for females and had a very hard time finding them. I traded the fish though because my tank was borderline for a flasher.

I would love some female mccoskers. It's really hard to find them reliably though :( I've looked for a little bit and every place was out of stock. My LFS guy can't really tell the difference after the males have been alone for a while or get them in reliably as one gender or another :(

it's those females are hard to find, out was when I was looking. Most LFS get the males. They sell better because of color. I would ALWAYS keep my eyes open for them though just in case. It would really liven up the tank with the make showing off and coloring up. A buddy of mine has a selection of tile fish in his tank. He started off with an adult purple and now has a variety. They are super cool fish. I hear the difficult part with these is acclimation.

Here's is a photo before he got all the other tile fish of his tank with the purple up front. They are always out in the open when I go over there.

rriji5U.jpg

Well... that didnt last long.

I modified the coverings to prevent houdini from getting in my sump and i even went to my lfs to pick up a block of foam to make a pre filter for the inrake of my sump pump. Sadly, it was inexplicably closed, bis cars were there but nobody answered the door or phone (his shop is in his garage)

But due to the fact that i couldnt keep houdini out of my sump and i had no covering for my pump he got caught in the impeller and died.

So at this point i am over the semi aggressive setup now since the trigger and eel were the primary focus for my tank; Im going to return the trigger and go with something more peaceful in its place.

Ill give the snowflake another shot in a year or two when I upgrade my tank. Ill probably set up a lionfish tank that he would go good in.

I am so sorry about the loss, Mebbid.

Here's is a photo before he got all the other tile fish of his tank with the purple up front. They are always out in the open when I go over there.

rriji5U.jpg

Beautiful tank. I do have one question I have two corals that look exactly like the large tan one just behind the glass on the right side what type is it I cant remember.

Beautiful tank. I do have one question I have two corals that look exactly like the large tan one just behind the glass on the right side what type is it I cant remember.

Finger leather / Devil's hand leather

Here's an old pic of my finger leather. It looks the same, just a little bigger now.

75748-albums12608-picture62555.jpg

Sorry about the color the sunlight is hitting the tank and a the tank light is on most of the day. Algae tends to grow very fast and I only have time to clean the tank of weekends due to school and homework.

Sorry I couldn't tell you. I'm clueless on softies.

Sorry about the color the sunlight is hitting the tank and a the tank light is on most of the day. Algae tends to grow very fast and I only have time to clean the tank of weekends due to school and homework.

The sunlight coming in is probably really helping that algae grow. Block it, and you will more than likely see less algae growth.

Back
Top Bottom