Media return question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scotty Fraiser

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am adding a nextreef media reactor to 110 gall reef tank. Model msr1. I am currently running phosban in it to try to reduce silicates. My silicate are currently at 1.5. (According to a water testing company in col). I am using rodi water. Tank has been established for about 8 months. Have a 30? Gall ruby reef sump. My question is if I run my reactor in the return section of the sump. Do I want the return coming from reactor to return right back into my main return. Or do I return the reactor back to the filter sock section ( first section). Which will increase the flow through my fuge. Tried to tee into main return line and just increase flow through the display tank but main pump overpowered the reactor pump and media would not roll. I am new at reef keeping and today is my first post ever on this site although have been studying and learning on here for a while. Thanks in advance for the help and hope my question makes since. HA

Mine sits in my sump and just returns the water into the same area. I'm not sure if its the right way to do it, but that's how it was running when I got it, so I kept it that way. But I would be curious as to what others have to say.

Back
Top Bottom