Metal Halide bulbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EMS503

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am coming up on the time for me to change my M/H bulbs I have 2 - 175/5500K bulbs along with 2 - 65 watt PC smart light bulbs(PC bulbs still have time left). I have these over my 75 gal. reef mainly softies, but I have 3 clams 1- Crocea, 1 - Maxima & 1 - Deresa. I would like to up these to 175/10000K bulbs. Most of what I have read have the higher bulbs giving off a blue tint into the tank. It was reccomended that I use the Ushio bulb.
But on the Hellolights site it suggest using a pulse start ballast.
Has anyone used the Ushio bulbs with a standard M/H ballast?
The reason I would prefer the Ushio bulb is that it is listed as giving off a crisp white light.

i just replaced my 2 250watt mh with the ushio bulbs on my 75, and WOW what a difference. much more light, whiter light 10,000k bulbs. these bulbs are twice as heavy as the factory bulbs. sweet. got them on ebay 68.00 apiece. any where else99.00-119.00. i got the M58 ballast, which is a core and coil ballast with a probe start. A to T LAMPS. :D :D 8) on the under side of your ballast it should give you a code.

Back
Top Bottom