Metal halides on a Fluval Edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

360º

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just Kidding :) ....

still waiting on my big tank so decided to do a mini project with a fluval edge.

currently lit by 2 small LED bars and waiting for the brighter ones to come in the mail :)

img_1239719_0_be34337fcc7b00a3b7dbb81b669bc58d.png

I'm so excited I'm not the only oneeee. Can I have some details on your lighting? I've *almost* given up on my Edge, because I really don't wanna drop $330+ on the nanocustoms fixture.
I'm so excited now. What are your general plans?
:multi:

im gonna put a 10 watt coralife 50/50 CFL bulb and hope it all works out.

im probably not gonna do corals. probably gonna add one black clown

how about using a single par 38 lamp over it? marine lighting companies sell them for about 100 dollars with a couple blue lamps in them but maybe you can buy the 5000k ones from home depot and use some blue strip light s as a supplement?

i cant find any LED lights that are decently priced.

i dont wanna invest a lot of money in this tank when i have a 180 gallon to build.

im just gonna keep it simple for this one

Mine's not really anything yet. It was going to be freshwater, I changed my mind. But I didn't want to have the hassle of moving it in 3 months, so it's just sitting there, with freshwater in it. So no water changes yet. Sorry I can't help there.

evil over on nanocustoms has a decently priced 12k and 20k one, not dimmable i dont think though.

but hiding one of those in the stock hood would be difficult, if thats what he's going for

lol a 100 bucks for a bulb?

this tank cost me a total of 20 dollars... including the tank itself.

its just a decorative piece for my room. i really dont think im gonna spend 100+ dollars for a bulb.

built out of 2 edge hoods.

partially lined the inside with mirror to reflect light back in but left the holes to let out the heat

img_1242430_0_1802cfd516171f30894f35121afcba45.png

Back
Top Bottom