Microbubbles in sea clone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

143gadgets

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a sea clone 100 and lately i have been getting a lot of microbubbles in the tank coming from the water return. Is there any thing i can do to prevent this? I have tried adjusting but that didn't help.

I have a 150 that is working very well for me. Sometimes I get micro bubbles as well. When I do, I just clean the cup and readjust. Not sure there is a relation but it seems to work for me!

Don't know if you're using any but, slime additives for fish will cause this as well....

I had issues w/ microbubbles while using a seaclone 100 for the entire year I had it. When it comes to skimmers, you get what you pay for!

try adjusting.............be patient.
I got mine working but it's in the sump and I don't care to much about the bubbles.
If you use it HOB try to use a sponge on the outlet it might work.

I would give the seaclone a good cleaning, when I had mine I would have to adjust it frequently as well as clean it out to prevent salt build up in the air intake tube. My seaclone worked well for about 6 months and then was unfortunately not doing its job, so I replaced it with a 5-2 euroreef

evcalibur (hv1)is a good skimmer
depending on where u get it
(lfs or internet)
it will do good for you
got mine at my not so local lfs
for $140 in it is worth the money and driving 60 miles round trip to get it

after 4 hrs i got some watery green skimate
the micro bubbles persisted for the weekk but on day 10 or 11
it was borken in and skims llike mad
getting skimate thats almost black
with just 35 bluelegg hermits and 10 snails and 1 cleaner shrimp

Back