Midnight clownfish breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reefer 22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm buying a mated pair of midnight clownfish and would like to know any and all info on them from owners and previous owners. Mostly breeding info would be most desired but any would do, and I know vary rare and hard to find fish and not to mention expensive but hope some one out there would know some thing about this breeding fish. Thanks any info would be highly appreciated.

Well what would they like to lay there eggs in and How do you take care of them when they hatch have breed be for but nothing so small but one more question will they usually eat there young if not should I keep them together?

Mine lay their eggs under their anemone on a rock. When they hatch you have to remove them from the tank the parents are in. You have to keep them in a tank that has 3 sides of it painted black because they are very light sensitive. For the first week you have to feed them live rotifers. After the first week you have to hatch your own brine shrimp everyday and feed them that. The reason you have to hatch it everyday is because brine shrimp only keep their nutritional value for the first 18 hours after they hatch. Feed them that for about 2 weeks then start giving them frozen food to get them off of the live food. I use a sponge filter in tank and syphon the bottom of the tank daily to get waste out of the tank

Back
Top Bottom