Mike's 29 gallon hqi build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike-words

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well as promised It's time for the build begin. The tank is a 29g bio cube hqi. Water testing in progress as of 15:00 hours on wednesday. I have so far:
30lb aragonite sand
Led fuge light 1 bulb
Included skimmer
1- 425 koralia nano ph
Thermometer

Planed stocking is:
Pair of b/w clowns
Goby of some creation
Cleaner shrimp
assorted cuc
Assorted corals to be fraged and moved to the 175g

well i found the camera (dont you love renos) so here you go. going to lfs tommorow need to get a heater even with the hilide on for 13 hours it still at the same temp as the house 73. leak test passed(y) so i will pump it out, rinse and add sand then lr in the morning:fish2:

Attachments

• IMG_5544.jpg
    IMG_5544.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_5545.jpg
    IMG_5545.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 174
Back from 2 of my lfs got a heater and small mag-float. Put the sand in late last night and started to refill with salt this morning LR will go in after dad wakes up I get to steal from the 175g sump

Well got 15-20lb of LR in going to the lfs this week I hope. The sand storm has almost settled

ask and you shall receive. what do you think of the rock layout

Attachments

• Photo_00002.jpg
    Photo_00002.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 140
  • Photo_00003.jpg
    Photo_00003.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 140
It's probably diatoms. I would think its to early anything else. They should go away as your cycle runs it course u can try and blow them off with a power head or a turkey baster witch I learned from carey. And do a pwc to try and get most of it out. Good luck I like your tank it makes me wanna start a nano

Last edited:
I went through everything with my bio cube. Diatoms, red slime, loads of hair algae. Now everything is perfect. Just make sure you keep at it and don't give up with the problems of a new tank, because the rewards after are great!

What type of water are you using?

My other advice to you would be to cover that window with something. The sunlight through the window will cause all sorts of problems.

Back
Top Bottom