miracle mud

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

danbstrong

Aquarium Advice Addict
Anyone using miracle mud in their fugi? if so what are results and how long have been using??

The only issue with fuge mud is that it needs to be replaced from time to time. I opted to go for a DSB fuge instead of using mud.

H ave never used it it but have read it is a total waste of money with no prove that it does nothing. Anything with miracle as part of the name should tell you snake oil.

I've used it for 12 years in fuge with feather calurpa in three tank set ups never had sick fish. I've personally seen it reverse head and lateral line erosion on large purple tang , ick in a powder blue tang, and pop eye on a coral buety. It works and I've recommended it to everyone that I've helped set up a reef system.

I've also read many articles saying that it helps fight those diseases.

unless you can show me any proven data that supports that it works, I will stick to my opinion. Its like washing your car, it seems to be faster , smother and runs better but it is just a placebo. Sorry but mainteance, stress free, and water changes is all you need. Do you know what is in it and if so are you testing for it?

Everyone is entitled to there opinion but no amount of maintenance stress free enviroments and water changes will reverse lateral line disease the only other known cure that I've read is to release them back to the ocean. I've seen it work and your reference to leaching I think something would have shown up in 12 years. In my opinion.

Actually that's false. Fish will recover from head and lateral line erosion with a stress free, good water quality environment with proper feedings and a variety of food.

Back
Top Bottom