Missing Cardinalfish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PurplePolyp

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a cardinalfish about 2 weeks ago. It took him about a week to start feeling comfortable in my tank and has been very active through yesterday morning. Since then, I haven't been able to find him. He's not floating at the top or down in the sand bed, and I even looked inside the filters to see if he might have somehow gotten inside them. The only other fish in the tank are 3 green reef chromis. Is he hiding out in my live rock somewhere? Or should I expect the worst?

How long has it been since you lost saw him and how big of a tank? I think it would be hard to loose a cardinalfish because they aremt that great at hiding... Do you have a clean up crew? If i were you i would expect the worst and hope for the best.

Yeah, I'm thinking along the lines of Nu-Nu. If you have any kind of a CUC, it may have died and been eaten by the CUC. Cardinals can hide in caves, but if you've already checked all your caves, it's not looking too promising.

Back
Top Bottom