missing cleaner shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tlc2000

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 90 gal. tank. I have a small clown fish , a med. tomato clown fish, a mandarin goby a few hermit crabs, 1 emerald crab and some coral. Yesterday we bought 2 cleaner shrimp, as soon as we put them in, the clown fish started at them, Afew hours later I saw a white antenia, couldn't see one of the shrimp, later saw another antenia. 24 hrs later I can only see one shrimp, hideing , and the clown fish is gaurding where is it like crazy. So did the clown fish do in my shrimp, that I spent 25.00 on? Is the other one doomed? :?

Pretty strange that the clowns are so interested in them. Did they actually attack and try to bite them?
Its normal for new shrimp to hide for a while, my cleaners hids for a week when I got them, now they are one of the first to greet you.

missing shrimp

In answer to your question, Yes I saw the clown fish go right after the real fast when we first put them in the tank and His mouth was open and nipped at it. Today, was still guarding where the other one is hiding. Still hide nor hair of the other one, although sure hope it is hiding somewhere. Thank you for the reply

Suprisingly they can hide pretty well, sometimes it is almost impossible to find mine and my very large CBS and then there they are.

I am wondering if your clown was not moving toward it to get cleaned. when I first introduced mine it was not 5 minutes before it was cleaning fish that rushed over to it.

Good luck,

I got a peppermint shrimp a few days ago and he was hiding for a while. I was looking for him and could always find him. Suddenly he was nowhere to be seen.
I was looking for about half an hour and found him in my sump. I seriously don't know how he got sucked in and hope that he learned his lesson.
He is still hiding most of the time. Hopefully he will greet me too first thing in the morning.
The clowns don't eaven look at him and leave him alone.

When my cleaners get ready to have little cleaners, they will hide. The preg one will hide so good, that I cant find it unless I remove the rock. Give it a few days, I'm sure it's still in there... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom