Missing Dragon wrasse............

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ViciousFishes

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I need some help. I haven't seen my wrasse for 4 days now. I moved the sand bed around to see if he would come out but nothing. For those of you not familiar with the "Dragon wrasse" it's a fish that burrows itself in the sand to sleep or when scared. My friend's dragon also did this but only for 2 days.
I think he might have starved by now. I feed my fish twice daily and never see him during feeding times. It's possible he comes out when im at work but he hasn't gotten anything to eat that I know of. I thought my lion had eaten him but he's to small, he has enough trouble eating whole silversides.
Any ideas would be appreciated. :cry:

I think he might have starved by now.

Unless it wasn't eating before it disappeared, it hasn't starved. Fish can go several weeks without eating, although if they go more than a couple of weeks, permanant damge can occur.

I thought my lion had eaten him but he's to small, he has enough trouble eating whole silversides.

Lionfish can eat fish that are almost as big as them.

After 4 days, I don't hold much hope, there are many ways a fish could die and never be found, or found much later. Most obvious is that it jumped, make sure you look all around the tank.

Back
Top Bottom