Mixed 2salt mixes together. is it trash now?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TimaT

Aquarium Advice Activist
i mixed 2different brands of salt mixes together. filled up 20gallons of rodi water and mixed the salt. next day, its snowing in my container :facepalm:

is that the reason?

the salt i mixed are Kent marine reef salt mix (5gal bucket) and about 2pounds of cheap petco marine salt mix...

Sounds like some calcium came out of solution for some reason. Still probably fine to use, just check it if you can for Alk/Cal level.

Sounds like some calcium came out of solution for some reason. Still probably fine to use, just check it if you can for Alk/Cal level.

but i don't want that dirty look in the tank. can i get rid of that snow look?

It will settle. Once it's settled to the bottom, test the water for alk and calcium. It should be fine to use but may be a little low in alk.

It will settle. Once it's settled to the bottom, test the water for alk and calcium. It should be fine to use but may be a little low in alk.

thanks for the comments guys I really appreciate it!

turned out that the salt was not the problem though. i checked my fresh rodi water bin and found same debris in there... don't know what that could be, i only purchased the unit about 3month ago...

Back
Top Bottom