Modules vs Sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patriotman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,
As you know from previous posts, I am looking at adding a sump to my setup. The main reason is to put the skimmer and heaters out of site and water flow. I saw this Lifeguard modular filtration system which will incorporate the heaters. What do you think of these? Can a skimmer be added to the line? is a UV Sterilizer needed (what does it do)?

http://www.pentairaquatics.com/products/aquarium_products.html

Thanks.

For info on what a UV unit does check our articles area please. We have a few good UV articles in there. As far as if a skimmer can be added to the lifeguard modular filtration my guess would be no. You could add it but its not going to be enclosed like the rest of the modules and if you do end up adding it then you will most likly end up adding it to a sump. Their are three basic styles of skimmers. You have the ones that go inside the tank, the ones that hang on the back of the tank and then the ones that sit in a sump. The later two can easily be placed in/on a sump.

Back
Top Bottom