Months of waiting... Finally done!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tnmichx6

Aquarium Advice Regular
It's been a waiting game, but it's all set up and running smooth! So much activity and growth!

Attachments

• image-3682578692.jpg
    image-3682578692.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 205
  • image-1518284917.jpg
    image-1518284917.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 216
  • image-2014852092.jpg
    image-2014852092.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 215
  • image-3656876778.jpg
    image-3656876778.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 222
  • image-822253992.jpg
    image-822253992.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 229
  • image-1499699230.jpg
    image-1499699230.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 218
  • image-4053371975.jpg
    image-4053371975.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 216
  • image-73904543.jpg
    image-73904543.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 258
  • image-2566489743.jpg
    image-2566489743.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 191
  • image-2329122510.jpg
    image-2329122510.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 205
Looks very nice. Only issue is that 3 clowns generally doesnt work out well. 2 will pair up and kill the third, keep that in mind because if one is getting beaten up it might have to be rehomed.

There are 4 clowns, one wasn't feeling very photogenic. Lol

Well the same rule applies... Eventually the pairs will fight.. Like gangs.. Haha

Ya, we have a black and white damsel, he like to stir up the fish tanks. We're thinking he may have to go. To bad there isn't a fish time out. Lol

I hope you meant 290 gallons and not 29. 29 gallons is way to small for even one clownfish to live healthy and happy.

I hope you meant 290 gallons and not 29. 29 gallons is way to small for even one clownfish to live healthy and happy.

Not true but def too small for 4. The problem os that with more them 2 clowns they will fight until only 2 remain unless its a very large tank.

I'd have to disagree. Many many "nano tanks" have 2 clowns. I have 2 clowns in my bio cube 29 among other live stock. Tanks been running for over a year.

I do however agree the tank is a tad over stocked. The damsel is going to cause issues and is that a lawnmower blenny?

I'd have to disagree. Many many "nano tanks" have 2 clowns. I have 2 clowns in my bio cube 29 among other live stock. Tanks been running for over a year.

I do however agree the tank is a tad over stocked. The damsel is going to cause issues and is that a lawnmower blenny?

Yes that is a lawnmower blenny. And yes a 29 gallon tank as well. It's a temporary tank for the fish. We're working on a 75 gallon tank tank to move the fish too. How ever until we get some new lighting for that tank, and additional supplies, will make due with what we have. Before setting the 29 gallon tank up, we had the clowns set up in a 35 gallon bow tank. They honestly did not seem that happy in there. So... Right now, everything seems to be going great. Can't wait to expand.

I love that blenny. Always wanted one but I can't stock anything else.

He has very interesting personality and behavior. We had a scooter. But he did no make it. He wouldn't eat. We started storing copepodes in a extra sponge we store in the filter. They are reproducing like crazy! My favorite fish we have right now is the red coris wrasses. He is awesome. It's rather amusing watching him with the clown fish. They get along great.

Wow...hopefully they get into that 75g soon. IMO, that tank is a nightmare waiting to happen. Two clown pairs will eventually cause problems ( as was already stated). I'm surprised they are not having issue already. Also...at least four damsels, which the Vegas odds are, will cause problems with other fish. I think I see a 6 Line wrasse...they can get nasty. Lastly, love that Coris Wrasse, but they can get nasty as they grow and really should be in something over 75 eventually.

Wow...hopefully they get into that 75g soon. IMO, that tank is a nightmare waiting to happen. Two clown pairs will eventually cause problems ( as was already stated). I'm surprised they are not having issue already. Also...at least four damsels, which the Vegas odds are, will cause problems with other fish. I think I see a 6 Line wrasse...they can get nasty. Lastly, love that Coris Wrasse, but they can get nasty as they grow and really should be in something over 75 eventually.

There are 4 blue demasels. Plus the black and white one. The blues ones have paired up. They get along well. They did eat my feather duster... The crab had gotten to it first , to be fair they Even get along with the clowns. Yes, six line is awesome! He really doesn't bother with anyone.

i hate when people say stuff like this without any evidence or reasoning, i think peta works here

Perhaps you mean clown trigger? clown tang? cowfish? Having over a thousand posts, you should know that nearly everyone agrees that 29 gallons is ample for some species of clownfish.

To the OP: as mentioned you could run into many problems with this stock, even upon upgrading to a 75.
Most people would never keep a single damsel due to their aggression. Only one pair of clowns in anything under an 8 foot tank.

i hate when people say stuff like this without any evidence or reasoning, i think peta works here

Hey, every one is entitled to their own opinion... Right? Lol whether it is 29 gallon or 290 gallon. The tank will do what it's gonna do. Now I have have tanks running for nearly 5 years. And have had no loses. And truth be told, some advice... Ya it's good. Others, I really don't care. Bc their opinion doesn't effect my tank. It's like baking. Everyone has their own way of doing it. "Secret ingredient" just bc someone says use this instead or that, doesn't mean it gonna be any better. Just mean there is more then one way of doing things. :) lets be adults here.

IMO, I would consider rehoming the damsels when the 75g move occurs. There are just so many stories of them flipping out and getting aggressive and they are a pain to get out once they are in.

The Red Coris wrasse could become a problem down the road in a 75g. I had one in a 90g many years ago. Got it as a juvenile (probably 3"), like yours, and it was fine. After a while, it did the adult color-change thing and it seemed to get nasty with its tank mates after that. It was a lot larger at that point. Seemed to think it owned the tank. I gave it to a girlfriend that had a 300g and it was perfectly happy and lost the aggressiveness. I'm not saying a 300g is necessary, just that a 75g might be tight eventually.

Back
Top Bottom