Montipora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jcj0033

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I had high nitrates so I did a 25 gallon water change in my 80 gallon reef tank and now my monti cap is starting to fade. What should I do, will it survive ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387918373.880345.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387918446.513109.jpg

It browned out. High nitrates will do that. Keep good water quality and the color should come back.

I was referring to the white marks on it that appeared over nite it lost some of its flesh

I always liked the purple ,
Mine is more of a red/brown colour .
And not nearly that size ,
Do they grow fast ?
I just bought mine as a frag a week ago .
The same rock has monti , acrapora and palys .
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387933315.383037.jpg

I can't see what you are talking about, but if you have some dead areas with pure white skeleton showing, those won't grow back. The coral will regain it's color and grow elsewhere however. What caused the nitrates?
Did you sort it out?

It's the top 2 pictures where there are like little white streaks on the monti

If you get your parameters stable and keep them pristine, it can rebound. The monti in my tank survived a 3 day power outage with no water circulation besides be giving everything a stir with a wooden spoon before and after work...it looked like a pure white skeleton with white polyps. It took time, but it eventually came back. Address the nitrates and what caused them, the monti should flourish.

Back
Top Bottom