More tank drama!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ladykrup

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have had my 55 gal. for 9 or 10 months, all water is great, temp fine. I bought a couple of little condy anemones, the guy told me they would be ok with my regular light.

We were going along just fine and the lunar wrasse (a constant source of aggression in the tank) started eating the pink tips off the anemones. The maroon clown came to the rescue - now hangs out in the anemone (amazing!) and chases off the wrasse.

But what if the anemone dies? I just read that it could put off stuff that could kill the whole tank? (wouldn't mind the wrasse!) How do you avoid this?

Thanks.

If the anemone dies there is a good chance it could foul the tank if you are not around to remove "what's left". There is little or nothing you can do short of removing the wrasse or the anemone. Once a wrasse typically exhibits this type of behavour, it only gets worse as they age. I would also caution on the need to upgrade the tank size as time goes on. Lunare wrasses can get quite large and ill tempered.

Cheers
Steve

If the anemone starts to decline rapidly, remove it from the tank ;) If it just got a few tenacles nipped, it should be fine provided the water parameters are maintained.

Back
Top Bottom