Moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Neilfox

Aquarium Advice Regular
Any tips in moving my tank about a mile away? I would like to upgrade tanks right now but I wasn't ready and our new house was. I have the tank for the upgrade no sump no lights so it looks like old tank move. Never done this before???

from what ive done previously is just go to your LFS and get a few poly containers and put all ypour live stock in them with your original water, take them to your new home and put an air pump in each container for water movement and maybe a live rock so theres some sort of filter. while that's done you can move the tank, I kept all the original water and sand. once I got it to the new house I cleaned up the sand, put it in the tank and filled it up with the original water with new water to top up (it's like a big water change). then just check your parameters daily until everything is settled and fine, then put in the fish. I think it took 4 days for my tank to finally settle down and under control again..... and nothing died (always a bonus)

Only two little fish royal gramma and mandarin lots of coral Lps sps softys

The mandarin may be an issue, cause all the pods might die. Unless it's eating frozen, in which case way to go!

Back
Top Bottom