moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jester

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok I am moving only like 3 blocks away I was wondering what would be the best thing to put my corals and live rock in for the move I was planing on just putting my fish in a bucket but what about my corals and any good suggestions on how to move would be great so it would take me the least amount of timeall my plumbing and wet/dry are under my tank in the stand thanks Jester

Invest in plenty of buckets or rubbermaid tubs. Dont fill the tubs up with water any more than half way. Place all the like corals in the same container so as casual contact wont cause a chemical war while your moving.

I am going to be moving mine soon as well. Last time I moved I put the corals,rock and fish/inverts in separate containers. I just wonder about my sand bed now. I figure I need to replace some of it and just re-use the top layer. I have about 3-4" of sand now.

I figure it will take a few trips to get it all :(

Buckets, lots of them. Place the fish, corals and rocks into seperate buckets. You might want even more separation like having anemone and clown fish in their own buckets. Try not to fill buckets up too much because it will be heavy and when you are driving you wouldnt want water to splash out all over the place.

I'm not sure the amount of saltwater you are going to keep. When I did a swap I reused about 60% of the water. So have however many gallons of new saltwater ready at your new place. You might want to add an airstone into the buckets with the fish but it might raise the PH so becareful. Heater might be necessary also

For my 7th anniversary my wife has bought me a 175 Bowfront Tank. I am upgrading from a 60 gallon reef and will let you know how my move goes in the next couple of weeks. I already have hundreds of buckets, bins and tubs so I can only hope that I can get it all done.

Back
Top Bottom