Moving an Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PistolPete

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a Maxi Mini Anemone who since introduced to my system has been comfortable one particular rock. Every time I touch or get close to him he retracts into the rock and it makes me nervous to try to move him by force (I do not want to hurt him).

Does anyone know of a way I can get him to move, as I am moving the tank and would like to redo my rock work. I have no was to get under him as he lays flat on the rock and overtop the crevice he like to retract into?

What ever you do do not tear the foot as there will be no hope for him. Some folks have mentioned taking a credit card an trying to get it under the foot to get it off. IMO you should leave him where he is. He`ll move to where he wants to anyway.

That is one thing I wouldn't do. I think he is happy where he is. I might just leave him unless someone has a tested method that works well.

You can blow a power head thats pretty strong onto his foot and he'll be forced to let go. Never tried it but have heard it had worked before.

+1 using a strong PH. Keep it blasting the base of the anemone and it should come undone. Keep an eye on it though. Don't want the anemone coming off early and get tossed around in your tank.

Both of my anemones have died :( we had a malfunction in the sprinkler system in the apartment about 2 months ago. Lost my newer corals as well. I was able to save all other fish and inverts bar one snail. The water was rusty and gross from being stagnant. I'm lucky I didn't lose everything.

leave him where he is, if you move him and he isn't happy in the new location, he may start to move around and get sucked into a ph.

Real sorry to hear about your losses......Sucks I know the feeling...Nothing you could have done though.///

I'm having the same problem my Anemone is under an overhang and it's getting no light. I want him to regain some of its colors because I bought mine bleached -_- he latched on to the rock too, doesn't budge.

Sorry to hear that Pete =\. Think you'll stick with a reef and buy new corals? Hope your fish are still doing well.

Yes. It seems like even months after my system is being affected. Because the system ran for nearly 45 min and dumped almost 1800 gal of gross water per minute a TON of it got in my system. I think LR latched on to some of it and is now leaching. Trying to be proactive with PWC. Fish and shrimp are happy and healthy. Lost two bengaii cardinals, not sure if I was water or pistol shrimp. Never could get them to eat. And my mandarin turned on me and refused to eat.

Back
Top Bottom