Moving day today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

willbratz

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Today is the day I move a 130 gallon tank to my home I'll start posting photos as soon as I get over there for the breakdown the packing the unpacking the set up so wish me luck people

Don't worry about the photos. We've all seen fish in buckets, your gunna be all day moving. Just worry about getting everyone home. We'll look at the pics tonight after its all set up and u have time to relax!

Don't worry about the photos. We've all seen fish in buckets, your gunna be all day moving. Just worry about getting everyone home. We'll look at the pics tonight after its all set up and u have time to relax!

Yeppers!! Just got home with everything. Gonna add the sand water, etc...

How long can these fish actually survive in these 5 gallon buckets I have a bubbler for air but I'm just wondering and in case the water does not clear up enough for me to put them in their tank

Ok good plus I put a bubbler in each one... Still filling the tank!!! But counting my gallons so I know EXACTLY how many gallons are in my new tank!!! LMBO

I wouldnt be worried about oxygen more about ammonia levels rising but ya i agree be ok till tmrw

Sounds exciting. A better way to calculate how many gallons there are would be to type in the dimensions on an aquarium volume calculator. Anyway, what are you stocking it with (what you have now, and want in the future)?

Sounds exciting. A better way to calculate how many gallons there are would be to type in the dimensions on an aquarium volume calculator. Anyway, what are you stocking it with (what you have now, and want in the future)?

Right now the tank came with a flame angel, a squirrel fish, a mated pair a neon damsel (he's not staying I know the bullying they do.

Now, in my 55 I have an engineer goby, blue devil Fiji, one clown, and two azure.

I'd like to add a yellow or a blue regal. But I'm not sure if all of this would be over stocking.

I've got a piece of equipment in the sump that I have no idea what it is. It's got little white balls in it the size of bbs.

Gonna be a learning curve for sure.

You have a link to the calculator?

willbratz said:
I've got a piece of equipment in the sump that I have no idea what it is. It's got little white balls in it the size of bbs..

Sounds like a media reactor filter of some sort fluidized bed filter maybe?

Whelp I've almost got all the water in. A few more hours and I'll drop the heater in and hopefully get the sump running so I can get these guys back in the tank. Since I have basically 2 sets of live rock going in should I attempt to arrange the rock 1st, or should I place the fish 1st then arrange?

Attachments

• image-2240546568.jpg
    image-2240546568.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 78
It's almost ready to fire up!!!!

Attachments

• image-1629939721.jpg
    image-1629939721.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 71
  • image-3838966858.jpg
    image-3838966858.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 109