Moving new Xenia from "shipping" rock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SuperWade2

Aquarium Advice Regular
Today I received a small White Pom Pom Xenia and just finished acclimating and such but my question is about the "rock" that the Xenia came on... it's kind of this ugly Pink, Perfectly square thing that looks way out of place in my tank...

Should I, or can I move the Xenia somehow off this ugly little rock and onto my Live rock...

I have a few other "beginner" corals, but they all came on "normal" rocks that looked normal when I put them in the tank. Obviously I'm still pretty new at this...

Thanks
SW2

Xenya will move on it's own if you give it time. It has a tendency to travel upwards so if you lean the rock against the rock you want it to move to, chances are, with time it will move there on it's own. Otherwise, you can carefully scrape the coral from the rock, then toothpick it to the rock you want it on. Xenya slimes alot and I hate messing with it so I'd just let it do it's thing if it were me.

Ya let it do it's on thing right now especially. Since it's new, it needs time to settle in to your tank.

Back
Top Bottom