MOving tank from Living room to Bedroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bawel

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay, my landlord suddenly said they're replacing carpets, like the whole apt, but me and my roommie don't think moving all furnitures in and out of the room is possible, so we decided to let the guys fix just the living room. Now, my duty is to move the tank into my room. I don't know if this is even possible to do without a mess.

My question is:
1. Do I have to catch all the fishes before moving the tank? The room is only like 15feet apart.
2. Since the water are heavy, do you think it will be okay to move this tank when I was doing PWC at 50% so that I can carry the aquarium easier to my room? Will the fishes be okay inside until I move and then fill up the water again?

Please help.

Thank you

Take out half of the water. Have 5 people, 3 people (that can lift a good amount of weight) and 2 extras. Lift the tank, have an extra person take whatever it was on and move it into the required spot as you and your friends are lifting the tank. Make sure your hands are under the tank to support the bottom, take your time moving the tank, careful not to swish too much water around and make sure no Live Rock is loose and could slide and crack your glass. Move it over and set it on the stand, make sure all is level and refill with water. Easier said than done but just take your time and think it all out!

Back
Top Bottom